Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A short story

Namoon. It's one of my favorite places to wander and people watch in Korea and it's only about 10 minutes walking from my house. This last weekend, a couple of friends and I decided to browse the market, looking at everything from live eel and baby octopus to hats and gloves to whole pig heads...and feet...and ears...and every other pig part. Anyway, that's beside the point...So we were wandering around and decided to stop for some street food...a fried pancake-type thing with brown sugar or cinnamon/sugar or something in the middle, but it also had onions and stuff...sounds weird but really quite good. So we were standing there eating our pancakes--I was making a mess of it, I might add--the brown sugar stuff was dripping all down my front...Anyway, then a camera man from OBS channel 13 came up to us and just started videotaping. Then he left. Then he came back with another guy and filmed each of us eating our pancakes individually. Then one of the guys had me say it was delicious in Korean to the camera...(Sounded like "Hot dog moshi-soyo" but I know that's not how you spell any of what I said...haha) Anyway I was amused so I thought I'd write about it! :D Sorry I don't have any pictures; I didn't bring my camera along that day...silly me. What was I thinking?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude! You're a tv star!

For shame... always bring a camera. :)